Cheese and bread, together at last.
We’ve got 5 different types of bread and 4 kinds of cheeses that we put together to make five different sandwiches. Starting with a classic comfort food control sandwich, Leo and a panel of judges vote on what sandwich will be crowned the ultimate grilled cheese. The five sandwiches we made were:
- Velveeta on Wonderbread – a classic grilled cheese.
- Colby on pain de campagne – a mild but flavorful cheese on a hearty bread.
- Herbed gouda on sandwich bread – the weakest bread flavor paired with the strongest of the cheeses.
- Dill havarti on Hokkaido milk bread – two subtle but distinct flavors put together.
- Wisconsin sourdough with a mix of all the cheeses (besides Velveeta, of course, because it’s barely cheese)
Which sandwich will win the Ultimate Grilled Cheese Challenge?